Success!
On Sunday, Jared and I drove out to Newport and ran our very first half marathon. Our goal for raising awareness will never be over, but our first half is! The first 6.5 miles were run without any hiccups. Shortly after I hurt my knee and at mile 7.5 it felt like someone was trying to pry off my right knee cap. Jared and I walked the last 5.5 miles and completed the marathon in 3 hours and 22 minutes. If I hadn't hurt myself we would have finished in just over 2.5 hours. I'm disappointed that I didn't complete my goal time, but I'm so very proud of myself that I FINISHED!
So far we have raised $1877 to donate to ichthyosis research.
Thank you so so so much to those that have donated to our cause!
I'll be ending the fundraiser in about a week, so there's still time to donate!
It only takes a minute and $5 adds up fast :)
Thanks for your support!



You are incredible! I can't believe you were able to go about with such gusto and do this thing, I know I couldn't have!
ReplyDeleteYou're amazing (: I bet that's your most cherished medal, I hope to get one some day!